Voucher for one product only

Hi

We would like to create vouchers that offer a certain % discount but that can be used only for 1 product at a time and for 1 user.

In other words, one user will have let's say %50 off discount applicable to any product he choose - but this will not be appicable to other products.

Ideally we would like to ask the user to insert that voucher from the product page. On the product page, if the user goes to a product that costs $100, by adding this voucher, the price will be $50. Then he will need to add it to the basket and can continue his shopping and this voucher can not be used anymore.

Can you please help me and let me know if there is such module/voucher that can do that. If not, do you have any idea how we could implement this by adapting the code? Or else would you be interested to develop it for us?

Many thanks & Regards,

Hakan

[email protected]

TutkuSepeti - Iç çamaşırı & Vibratörler

The only way to do it now is to create a new category (hidden), place the product in there (in addition to the current place), and assign the voucher to the new category.

I believe this will be properly addressed in the next version of Prestashop.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The only way to do it now is to create a new category (hidden), place the product in there (in addition to the current place), and assign the voucher to the new category.

I believe this will be properly addressed in the next version of Prestashop.

Hi Tom,

I nominate this post, the post of the month, like a rock star you are. I followed your advice and wanted to pass my experience.

-Copied the product I wanted a one voucher to apply to.

-Created a subcategory 'hidden', subcategory of the parent subcategory containing the original product. Assigned the new product to category 'hidden', note: hiden category not display = y (not to display in menu).

-Assigned the new copied product to category 'hidden'.

-Disabled the original product.

-Created the voucher and assigned to category ‘hidden’

Worked!

Notes/observations:

In the voucher configuration I set Display the voucher in the cart summary – Y, results in the display of the voucher information and the autselect of the voucher on all product checkout pages. I would be super nice if this only displayed on the category products it is assigned to. Yes?

-(Decided on one step checkout), when I used 5 step, it skips the voucher input all together, you have to visit the cart. I found this rather confusing so I figured the customer would as well. Note: This isn't unique to following your set up advice, it seems that way regardless.

• Like 1

I found if I customized the voucher, i.e. voucher for a specific product in the description, then on other product pages that it displayed on but did not not apply, this at least more obvious that the voucher does not apply to the product(s) in their cart. Otherwise they just get generic message that voucher does not apply to this category when a;;ied. They being jumping the cart in mass.

I really like the ps 'take advantage of our offers'..if clients have to type, copy, paste really anything but click the the % of customers can falling off the cart goes way up.

Thanks for your responses - but actually even if we use a hidden category I don't think it solves my problem. When I mentioned to have a discount on only 1 product, I didn't mean a specific product.

For example, we would like to provide a 50% discount on any product of our shop, but only to 1 product at a time. In other words, if a customer buy 3 products (A, B and C) the discount will be given only to the choosen one.

Practically, we were thinking to add a voucher input box on the product pages and validate the voucher on the product page. So when the customer goes on product A page and inserts it's voucher and click to Add to Cart, this product only will have a 50% discount. After this action, if the customer adds product B or C, these products will be on full price.

Does anyone has any suggestion on how to do this?

• 4 months later...

Thanks for your responses - but actually even if we use a hidden category I don't think it solves my problem. When I mentioned to have a discount on only 1 product, I didn't mean a specific product.

For example, we would like to provide a 50% discount on any product of our shop, but only to 1 product at a time. In other words, if a customer buy 3 products (A, B and C) the discount will be given only to the choosen one.

Practically, we were thinking to add a voucher input box on the product pages and validate the voucher on the product page. So when the customer goes on product A page and inserts it's voucher and click to Add to Cart, this product only will have a 50% discount. After this action, if the customer adds product B or C, these products will be on full price.

Does anyone has any suggestion on how to do this?

You have an option when creating vouchers where you can specify the amount the buyer needs to activate that voucher that could help...

• 10 months later...

-(Decided on one step checkout), when I used 5 step, it skips the voucher input all together, you have to visit the cart. I found this rather confusing so I figured the customer would as well. Note: This isn't unique to following your set up advice, it seems that way regardless.

I know this is an old one and this doesn't seem to be an issue in v1.5, however I am sure a lot of people are still on v1.4 and below so maybe this can help.

I also had this issue with the voucher input page being by-passed and this was confusing for customers. To get to the voucher page you had to select the "Cart" link, not Checkout as this would by-pass where you enter the voucher. To work around this I have hidden the "Checkout" button from my cart module via the css "show: none;" property. Now my customers have to clicj "Cart" to checkout and they can then see the voucher input section.

Worked great for me :)

• Like 1

I know this is an old one and this doesn't seem to be an issue in v1.5, however I am sure a lot of people are still on v1.4 and below so maybe this can help.

I also had this issue with the voucher input page being by-passed and this was confusing for customers. To get to the voucher page you had to select the "Cart" link, not Checkout as this would by-pass where you enter the voucher. To work around this I have hidden the "Checkout" button from my cart module via the css "show: none;" property. Now my customers have to clicj "Cart" to checkout and they can then see the voucher input section.

Worked great for me :)

nice and easy solution, thanks for sharing it. You've got absolutely right. Many of us still use PS 1.4