Vote to Improve PrestaShop

PrestaShop Forum: Build a free online shop. Count on the Community!

The best place in the world to ask questions about PrestaShop and get advice from our passionate community!

PrestaShop Forum: Build a free online shop. Count on the Community!

Photo

[SOLVED] some of the product images are not showing up

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic
Erin

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:04 PM

Can someone help me out? I updated PrestaShop and some of the product images show up and some do not.

http://www.magnoliasmarket.com/store/

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Erin

Mike Kranzler

PrestaShop Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8076 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:11 PM

Hi Erin,
Have you already regenerated your thumbnails in your Back Office under Preferences > Images?

-Mike
I am no longer PrestaShop's Community Manager. Please direct all PrestaShop Forum requests to Benjamin Utterback or Patric Codron

Erin

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:21 PM

Hello Mike,

I just tried regenerating my thumbnails and I get
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log. Apache Server at www.magnoliasmarket.com Port 443

Mike Kranzler

PrestaShop Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8076 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:28 PM

Hi Erin,
Go ahead and contact your hosting provider with that information, and let me know what they tell you with regards to this issue.

-Mike
I am no longer PrestaShop's Community Manager. Please direct all PrestaShop Forum requests to Benjamin Utterback or Patric Codron

Erin

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:36 PM

I even tried to re upload one product image and I can't even get that one to show up.

Mike Kranzler

PrestaShop Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8076 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:45 PM

I even tried to re upload one product image and I can't even get that one to show up.

It sounds like your images aren't uploading to the proper directory, but your hosting provider will have the easiest time identifying what exactly is causing you these issues.

-Mike

Erin

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:00 AM

I call my hosting provider and they said the server looks fine on their end, they tested it.

What folder should the thumbnail images be in? I even have been trying to update a specific product image and I can't even get those to show up.

Erin

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:56 AM

I can get the text to change, but not the images. I even tried to put a new product in and the image does not show up for the new product.

Erin

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:09 PM

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Mike Kranzler

PrestaShop Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8076 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:21 PM

Hi Erin,
I'm looking into this for you now. I will hopefully be back for you shortly with a solution. In the meantime, do you know where directly in your FTP the images are being uploaded?

-Mike

Erin

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:25 PM

Looks like images are in img/c , img/tmp and img/p. I am not sure where the images are that are showing up because they are all the same images just different sizes. I can't even get the logo to show up on the main page. The logo file is in img/logo.jpg. I added a couple of products and I see the images at the bottom of the image upload page but they do not show up when viewing the product in the store.

Erin

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:25 PM

Hi Erin,
I'm looking into this for you now. I will hopefully be back for you shortly with a solution. In the meantime, do you know where directly in your FTP the images are being uploaded?

-Mike

Hey Mike, Did you look into my Prestashop images issues? I am about ready to go back to the previous version.

Thanks,
Erin

Mike Kranzler

PrestaShop Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8076 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:33 PM

Hey Mike, Did you look into my Prestashop images issues? I am about ready to go back to the previous version.

Thanks,
Erin

Hi Erin,
Go ahead and PM me with your FTP and Back Office login credentials, I'm about to sit down with one of our developers.

-Mike

Mike Kranzler

PrestaShop Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8076 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:11 AM

Hi Erin,
We just tried to access your site, but it appears to be down. We will try to take a look at this tomorrow, but please feel free to PM me with any other login information you may have in the meantime.

-Mike

theme_designer

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:09 AM

I checked your site. Please make sure your images are in their folders.

Starting a web project from a website template.

Mike Kranzler

PrestaShop Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8076 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:10 PM

Hi Erin,
When we tried to access your site (both Front and Back Office) around 6PM eastern last night, it was down. We tried it on multiple computers. It's back up now, but as I mentioned yesterday, there isn't much we can do to help you on this issue unless we can access your site via FTP.

Can you please call your host and ask them to confirm your FTP host name for you? Once we have this, we'll be able to help you out.

-Mike

Mike Kranzler

PrestaShop Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8076 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:21 PM

Hi Erin,
Just a quick heads-up; we are getting to work on this shortly, so we are putting your site in maintenance mode to prevent confusion on the part of your customers until we've had a chance to take a look and hopefully fix this. I'll be sure to keep you posted!

-Mike

Mike Kranzler

PrestaShop Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8076 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:04 PM

Hi Erin,
It turns out that the issue was with the permissions of your Images folder, but we went ahead and fixed it for you :P. Can you please confirm that it does work now on your end? Any images that still do not load will need to be replaced, but it shouldn't be very many at all.

Additionally, you may want to consider changing your hosting. It took us 10-15 seconds to load many of your pages, which while it isn't a big deal for us, it could be a deterrent for your potential customers.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

emobex

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:34 PM

Hi Mike,
here the same problem, but not in all images only few here and there.
After reading you, i regenerated images but without results. Also changed permissions in /img folder to 777.

I'll follow the post with interesting... (Luckily I tested with a copy and not with the production shop).

Mike Kranzler

PrestaShop Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8076 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:37 PM

Hi emobex,
Please check the permissions on your /img folder via FTP and let me know how it is currently set.

-Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users