[SOLVED] some of the product images are not showing up

Hello Mike,

I just tried regenerating my thumbnails and I get

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log. Apache Server at www.magnoliasmarket.com Port 443

I call my hosting provider and they said the server looks fine on their end, they tested it.

What folder should the thumbnail images be in? I even have been trying to update a specific product image and I can't even get those to show up.

Looks like images are in img/c , img/tmp and img/p. I am not sure where the images are that are showing up because they are all the same images just different sizes. I can't even get the logo to show up on the main page. The logo file is in img/logo.jpg. I added a couple of products and I see the images at the bottom of the image upload page but they do not show up when viewing the product in the store.

Hi Erin,

I'm looking into this for you now. I will hopefully be back for you shortly with a solution. In the meantime, do you know where directly in your FTP the images are being uploaded?

-Mike

Hey Mike, Did you look into my Prestashop images issues? I am about ready to go back to the previous version.

Thanks,

Erin

Hi Erin,

When we tried to access your site (both Front and Back Office) around 6PM eastern last night, it was down. We tried it on multiple computers. It's back up now, but as I mentioned yesterday, there isn't much we can do to help you on this issue unless we can access your site via FTP.

Can you please call your host and ask them to confirm your FTP host name for you? Once we have this, we'll be able to help you out.

-Mike

Hi Erin,

It turns out that the issue was with the permissions of your Images folder, but we went ahead and fixed it for you :P. Can you please confirm that it does work now on your end? Any images that still do not load will need to be replaced, but it shouldn't be very many at all.

Additionally, you may want to consider changing your hosting. It took us 10-15 seconds to load many of your pages, which while it isn't a big deal for us, it could be a deterrent for your potential customers.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

Hi Mike,

here the same problem, but not in all images only few here and there.

After reading you, i regenerated images but without results. Also changed permissions in /img folder to 777.

I'll follow the post with interesting... (Luckily I tested with a copy and not with the production shop).

• 2 weeks later...

hi mike,

can you please help me with this issue (presta 1.4.3.)

img folder is chmod 755

all images are visible on the front-end , but in the back-end only old images (prior to moving on a new server) are visible

old images have chmod 644 and all newly uploaded images have chmod 664 and they are not visible in admin

what could be the problem and the solution ?

• 1 month later...

Was this ever fixed? My site also shows only old images and anything new uploaded shows only at BO level. Permissions set at 755. I recently changed servers, anything has to be done at db or server side?? Thanks!

UPDATE: I got them to display BUT everytime I upload new images I have to move the images manually through > Preferences > Images > move images. Can this be set as automatic feature?

Best Regards,

AJ

I'm with tivicrdotcom - I have to tell my customers that they need to press "Move Images" every time they upload a new product image.

Can someone at Prestashop give us a fix that doesn't require upgrading to a newer version? We're running 1.4.5.1 at the moment.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...