Can't import CSV (won't show up in shop)

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to PrestaShop, I'm trying to import a rather large CSV file into the system.

I've followed all the steps (yes i did use the search function)

the CSV shows up on the server and control panel, i then select CSV import file and select products in the drop down.

Click on next and the data shows up i make the assign the appropriate boxes (price, id, name etc) click on import CSV data, it then says successfully imported but nothing happens....

The products don't show up anywhere nether in the actual shop or anywhere else in the system.

What am i doing wrong????

Thanks!

Yes i have categories, i've tried uploading with and with out categories that din't work with the "large" file.

I've now tried one of the "smaller" files and that did work but it i now can't seem to work out how to get it in it's category

small file holds 7628 products the larger one is massive at 166.000 products i'm trying to figure a way out now how to split that CSV up in to 10K batches

• 2 months later...

i am having a problem in 1.4.6.2 i can import products in which show up in the backend but do not show up in front end. I can get them to show up if i go in the back-end and click save they then show. I have 8k products to add would take a long time opening them all up and then saving them all. I thought the problem may be i didnt have the active field in so i put that in but nope still doesn't show in the front end,

Any ideas ?

I can import my products in the categories by using the category id, that works for me but i cannot get them to display in the front end.