Upgrading to 1.4.5.1 - Frequently Asked Questions

New version

1. What's new in 1.4.5.1?

A. A lot - check here

2. Will upgrading screw up my modules, themes, etc?

A. If you are running 1.4.x, then your modules, themes, etc should be fine as 1.4.5.1 is based off the same codebase. However, if you have modified any core files, these modifications are likely to be overwritten in the upgrade process.

Upgrade process

3. I am running version 1.3.x or 1.4.x at the moment. How do I upgrade?

A. Upgrading is simple; read instructions here or watch video here

But wait! You don't have to! PrestaShop has now released (thanks Michaël Marinetti) an autoupgrade module which will do all the work for you. You can download the module and check out the instructions here. While it has been released as a module to help legacy installations, from now on, autoupgrade will be a part of the core software.

Upgrading with Autoupgrade module

4. I am unable to install Autoupgrade module. What can I do?

A. First, try changing default language to English. Then uninstall and install the module again.

5. I have installed the module and started step 4 of Mike Kranzler's instructions. Selected “No” under "Shop Desactivated", but can't see “Enable Shop”!!

A. "Shop Desactivated" and “Enable Shop” are actually on 2 different pages. Selecting “No” under "Shop Desactivated" is designed to redirect you to the page where you find “Enable Shop”. If for any reason (e.g. if "Shop Desactivated" was already "No" in your shop) the redirect doesn't work, then go to Preferences tab, and you'll find “Enable Shop” right at the top.

6. I have finished step 5 of Mike's instructions, but do not see the "Upgrade Prestashop Now!" button.

A. That happens sometimes. Click "Click here to refresh" button (you will find it somewhere below "Last version is 1.4.5.1 final (1.4.5.1)").

7. Clicked "Upgrade Prestashop Now!" button, but getting error.

[server Error] Status message : error

A. If you are using shared hosting like godaddy or 1and1, it is highly likely that this is caused because of a server timeout. In your hosting account root, find the php5.ini file and add/edit max_execution_time line so that it looks like:

max_execution_time = 300

To be sure, do the same in php.ini

You may need to wait up to 24 hours (depending on the time at which the host resets servers) for this to take effect.

If even 24 hours after making the above change, on hitting "Upgrade Prestashop Now!" you still get the same error, then in your PS files, change Line 29 in /config/config.inc.php from

@ini_set('display_errors', 'off');

to

@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

Then open your Prestashop backoffice in Firefox.

Start Firebug (you'll need to have it already installed).

In Firebug, click Console Tab, then Errors subtab

Then in your PS backoffice, hit "Upgrade Prestashop Now!" again.

Take a screenshot of the errors (e.g. with Windows 7 Snipping Tool) and save the image

Send this screenshot to US Community Manager Mike Kranzler - he will be happy to help

8. I am getting an error during backup.

error during backupDB

A. If you have cache (memcache or filesystem cache) enabled (BackOffice > Preferences > Performace), please disable it and try again.

9. I am having problems with blocklayered module after completing upgrade!

A. Go to BackOffice > Preferences > Performace

Disable cache (at the bottom of the page)

Disable Force Compile (at top of the page)

10. I installed the Autoupdate module fine, but I don't see the Tools > Upgrade tab that I am supposed to go to.

You are probably using an old version of PS...there was a bug with displaying tabs. In the URL, next to your PS base, add /admin/index.php?tab=AdminSelfUpgrade (replace /admin/ with whatever you have renamed admin folder to). This should take you directly to the upgrade page.

If you are running 1.4.x then it's probably a permission issue. To fix this:

Go in Employee > Tabs and check if the tab "Upgrade" is created. If yes, then delete it. Then, create a new employee:

name : Upgrade

class : AdminSelfUpgrade

module : autoupgrade

parent: Tools

The tab should now appear when you go on tab Tools

11. The process stop when "backupFiles" immediately. How to fix that ?

Your php configuration does not have the "ZipArchive" extension, and the module need it for backup files. This will be fixed in a future release of that module.

12. The process stop when "unzip". How to fix that ?

This can be a write permission problem. Please check the user which runs apache has proper rights to all your admin/autoupgrade/ directory.

• Like 6

I have problem with auto update:

I face with suspended "Currently processing : I'm waiting for your command, sir" message.

After updating the AdminUpgrade.php file (with commenting line:1117) I faced with suspended :

Currently processing :

All sample files removed. Now backup files.

message!

Hi soroosh,

Do you get any message or warning, or anything that would tell you that the upgrade has failed?

-Mike

No, I don't get any message or warning. Just freeze with this message:

Currently processing :

All sample files removed. Now backup files.

Hi soroosh,

It is possible that this is an issue with your server speed and timeout settings. If you have access to the file php5.ini in your root directory, please try changing max_execution_time from 30 to 300 and see if that solves it for you. If you don't have access to this, please ask your hosting provider to do this for you.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

Hi, I am getting the following error/warning after auto upgrade on payment tab options page (Back End) after installation:

The following module(s) couldn't be loaded:

1. All modules cannot be loaded due to memory limit restriction reason, please increase your memory_limit value on your server configuration

I am alos unable to access translations.

I have "SetEnv PHPRC /home/gamesfro/public_html" in my htaccess and I have a php.ini file (permission 644) which reads:

upload_max_filesize = 128M

post_max_size = 128M

memory_limit = 128M

suhosin.post.max_vars = 6400

suhosin.request.max_vars = 6400

What else do I need to do?

Good evening Mr. Kranzler

first of all let me take the opportunity to say thank you to you and the Prestashop team.

I'm having a problem upgrading to prestashop 1.4.5.1 attached is a screenshot from firebug.

in advance thank you.

post-295891-0-42823400-1319322655_thumb.jpg

Was able to upgrade manually via Fillezilla thank you.

Edited by HF509 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi David,

If you have the permissions to do so, you can try increasing the memory limit in this file by just changing it from 128M to a larger number to try to circumvent this error. And if this doesn't work, please just give your hosting provider a call, tell them your situation and ask them to increase your memory limit for this purpose. I hope this helps!

-Mike

I upgraded using auto upgrade without any problems. Thanks to the PS team for this great service!

Are we able to delete any files from our server after the upgrade? I see on my server:

public_html/admin****/autoupgrade/latest/prestashop/

It looks like there's another copy of Prestashop there for the upgrade I presume. Is it ok to delete this? Just want to keep my server tidy as I have limited space :)

Phil

• Like 1

Ok guys here on ps 1.4.4.0 fresh install.

Could not upadte due to the problem of ziparchive on centos and php 5.1.6 now solved with:

Step 0: Set up the yum-priorities plugin: http://wiki.centos.o.../Yum/Priorities

Step 1: Enable the EPEL repository: http://wiki.centos.o...es/Repositories

Step 2: Install the php-pecl-zip extension package: yum install php-pecl-zip

But now i got errors like:

error when trying to add /var/www/html/esselite/js/sendMailTest.js to archive .

Previously i had errors on moving images from /img/ folder

Can u please suggest any solution?

AND...

auto upgrade only starts if :

don't save images flag to yes

keep theme flag to yes

kepp traslation flag to yes

putting no to the save images flag will produce the backup to stop at "Backup files now"

:(

AND...

doing more tests in this morning shows that it seems a limit of the procedure...movint the sendmail to another path put of ps, produce the same error but on the file near after him, in this case tabpane.js

max_execution set to 300

max_input set to 300

memory limit 128mb -> tried to set it to 256mb = no luck same error

post_max_size 100mb

upload_max set to 200mb

max_execution set to 300

max_input set to 300

memory limit 128mb -> tried to set it to 256mb = no luck same error

post_max_size 100mb

upload_max set to 200mb

Hi, I don't think that the problem is in here. I made my upgrade with:

max_execution_time = 300

max_file_uploads = 20

max_input_time = 60

memory_limit = 90M

I had no problem with this settings. Now I will upgrade my project in real, because it was made on a test clone before to see if tool works.

Do you have the possibility to turn off the CGI-Script ? I was having troubles with some php-Scripts on the server in the past, so now when I run tests I turn to suPHP. If than when all works I turn fastcgi on. My provider is going to fix the CGI-script next week.

8. I am getting an error during backup.

error during backupDB

A. If you have cache (memcache or filesystem cache) enabled (BackOffice > Preferences > Performace), please disable it and try again.

I am getting this error when it's disabled?

Please help.

I get the following error in my Payment tab:

All modules cannot be loaded due to memory limit restriction reason, please increase your memory_limit value on your server configuration

I tried to fix this via this solution: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/138187-solved-cant-load-modules-after-upgrade-to-145/

But unfortunately that doesn't work for me. Does anybody has another solution to this problem? Thanks for helping me!

10. I installed the Autoupdate module fine, but I don't see the Tools > Upgrade tab that I am supposed to go to. You are probably using an old version of PS...there was a bug with displaying tabs. In the URL, next to your PS base, add /admin/index.php?tab=AdminSelfUpgrade (replace /admin/ with whatever you have renamed admin folder to). This should take you directly to the upgrade page.

Thank you very much. I used 1.4.4.1., but it helped very well.

I get the following error in my Payment tab:

All modules cannot be loaded due to memory limit restriction reason, please increase your memory_limit value on your server configuration

I tried to fix this via this solution: http://www.prestasho...upgrade-to-145/

But unfortunately that doesn't work for me. Does anybody has another solution to this problem? Thanks for helping me!

Hi Ellen,

If you can't upgrade this manually, you will need to contact your hosting provider and ask them to do it for you.

-Mike

7. Clicked "Upgrade Prestashop Now!" button, but getting error.

[server Error] Status message : error

A. If you are using shared hosting like godaddy or 1and1, it is highly likely that this is caused because of a server timeout. In your hosting account root, find the php5.ini file and add/edit max_execution_time line so that it looks like:

max_execution_time = 300

To be sure, do the same in php.ini

You may need to wait up to 24 hours (depending on the time at which the host resets servers) for this to take effect.

> Thanks a lot for your very good summary. I think a lot of prestashops will have this kind of 'execution time' error.

It would be great if before clicking on the Upgrade button, we could specify where to take the version zip file from.

This way, we could copy the version zip file onto the server hosting our shop and pass its url as a parameter to the upgrade module. That would avoid any download time when we start the upgrade and speed up the whole upgrade.

Does it make sense to Prestashop team ?

• 4 weeks later...

this should be added to the upgrade list as it is a major issue for shared hosts (ie justhost)

There is an underlying error message that says

"you need allow_url_fopen for automatic download. You can also manually upload it in /homepages/10/d37005225/htdocs/prestashop/[ADMIN DIR]/autoupgradeprestashop.zip

Orginal Post Here

Solution was to post a php.ini in to the autoupgrade folder with

allow_url_fopen = On

Original post

just the bit about the php.ini, ignore the other thing

I'm experiencing the following error on multiple sites when trying to upgrade to Prestashop 1.4.6.2 using autoupgrade 0.2.2:

[TECHNICAL ERROR] Unable to check md5 files

The problem occurs across multiple sites some using Prestashop 1.4.4.1 and others using 1.4.5.1. Version 0.1 of the autoupgrade module does not have this problem and occasionally upgrades successfully (when proxy timeout does not occur on Rackspace Cloud Sites).

I have made the recommended changes to the htaccess file (php.ini not available), however the timeouts still occur most of the time using autoupgrade 0.1.

Any ideas on what the problem might be regarding the inability to check MD5 files? These are standard Prestashop installs so the only thing I can think of is it is host related or a bug in autoupgrade 0.2.2. I can't see any problems with read/write file permissions and version 0.1 of the module works (sometimes). I would stay with version 0.1 but I am hoping 0.2.2 addresses some of the timeout issues.

Thanks

Taylor Johnson

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I made the progress to update from 1.3 to 1.4 prestashop manually, but when i copy the "Files Preparation" to the "pulic_html" and run paulusstore.com/install, appears this:

Warning: require_once(/home/paulusst/public_html/install/../config/autoload.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/paulusst/public_html/install/index.php on line 57

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/paulusst/public_html/install/../config/autoload.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/paulusst/public_html/install/index.php on line 57

Can someone help me please?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried upgrading from 1.3.1.1 to latest... and keep getting

[server Error] Status message : error..

Changed php.ini as stated and nothing... my error log says this:

[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][color=#000000][sat Dec 31 13:01:27 2011] [error] [client 79.131.153.141] File does not exist: /var/www/vhosts/ggshop.gr/httpdocs/js/jquery/datepicker/ui/i18n/ui.datepicker-gr.js, referer: http://www.ggshop.gr/admin1/index.php?tab=AdminOrders&token=821684b6dd434d565d439f7062c1e56e[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][color=#000000][sat Dec 31 13:01:28 2011] [warn] [client 79.131.153.141] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning:  htmlentities() [<a href='function.htmlentities'>function.htmlentities</a>]: Invalid multibyte sequence in argument in /var/www/vhosts/ggshop.gr/httpdocs/classes/Tools.php on line 338, referer: http://www.ggshop.gr/admin1/index.php?tab=AdminOrders&token=821684b6dd434d565d439f7062c1e56e[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][color=#000000][sat Dec 31 13:01:28 2011] [warn] [client 79.131.153.141] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning:  htmlentities() [<a href='function.htmlentities'>function.htmlentities</a>]: Invalid multibyte sequence in argument in /var/www/vhosts/ggshop.gr/httpdocs/classes/Tools.php on line 338, referer: http://www.ggshop.gr/admin1/index.php?tab=AdminOrders&token=821684b6dd434d565d439f7062c1e56e[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][color=#000000][sat Dec 31 13:03:52 2011] [error] [client 79.131.153.141] File does not exist: /var/www/vhosts/ggshop.gr/httpdocs/js/jquery/datepicker/ui/i18n/ui.datepicker-gr.js, referer: http://www.ggshop.gr/admin1/index.php?tab=AdminOrders&token=821684b6dd434d565d439f7062c1e56e[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][color=#000000][sat Dec 31 13:03:53 2011] [warn] [client 79.131.153.141] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning:  htmlentities() [<a href='function.htmlentities'>function.htmlentities</a>]: Invalid multibyte sequence in argument in /var/www/vhosts/ggshop.gr/httpdocs/classes/Tools.php on line 338, referer: http://www.ggshop.gr/admin1/index.php?tab=AdminOrders&token=821684b6dd434d565d439f7062c1e56e[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][color=#000000][sat Dec 31 13:03:53 2011] [warn] [client 79.131.153.141] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning:  htmlentities() [<a href='function.htmlentities'>function.htmlentities</a>]: Invalid multibyte sequence in argument in /var/www/vhosts/ggshop.gr/httpdocs/classes/Tools.php on line 338, referer: http://www.ggshop.gr/admin1/index.php?tab=AdminOrders&token=821684b6dd434d565d439f7062c1e56e[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][color=#000000][sat Dec 31 13:05:01 2011] [warn] [client 79.131.153.141] mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 100 seconds, referer: http://www.ggshop.gr/admin1/index.php?tab=AdminSelfUpgrade&token=a839b11db50336a6c89f120e76bc338d&refreshCurrentVersion=1[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][color=#000000][sat Dec 31 13:05:01 2011] [error] [client 79.131.153.141] Premature end of script headers: ajax-upgradetab.php, referer: http://www.ggshop.gr/admin1/index.php?tab=AdminSelfUpgrade&token=a839b11db50336a6c89f120e76bc338d&refreshCurrentVersion=1[/color][/size][/font]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]

And also have this: PrestaShop Original version : [TECHNICAL ERROR] Unable to check files

Hi tutygr,

it seems your server does not allow remote request, that's why the check for new version is unavailable, and also the file comparison.

Your server does not allow the uses of that module, you have to use the manual upgrade process.

Paulus Store,

the manual upgrade process requires to copy all php files (not only in the install dir, but also classes, controllers, admin, etc. ). And also the files in config/ dir

Hi tutygr,

it seems your server does not allow remote request, that's why the check for new version is unavailable, and also the file comparison.

Your server does not allow the uses of that module, you have to use the manual upgrade process.

Paulus Store,

the manual upgrade process requires to copy all php files (not only in the install dir, but also classes, controllers, admin, etc. ). And also the files in config/ dir

I understand Michael.... Will do a manual update today.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I have exactly the same problem as Farooq. Please can someone help - tried this with three websites running 1.4.4.0/1.4.4.1. Tried upgrading to 1.4.5.1 and then 1.4.6.2 and having the same problem.

Come on prestashop, I've posted in about three different forum posts about this problem, I've been using the platform for years and I've spent hundreds of pounds in the Addons shop :)

using phpmyadmin, execute this query, and then let us know how many records it returns. the query is looking for any orders, where the order address is in Canada.

SELECT `id_order`

FROM `ps_orders` o

LEFT JOIN `ps_address` a ON (a.`id_address` = o.`id_address_delivery`)

LEFT JOIN `ps_country` c ON (c.`id_country` = a.`id_country`)

WHERE c.`iso_code` = "CA"

• 4 weeks later...

bellini13, I was having the same issues as the others above and I just did a query on my database and it came up with no results.. but I still get the error.

MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows). (Query took 0.0010 sec)

since my store is relatively new or only been online for a small amount of time, there is only 12 orders in the system... and all of them are for the US.

The only thing I can think of that may be causing my system to give me this error and will probably be different than the others is the fact that I was trying to add a large quantity of a given product to a cart and it caused an error... to which it killed that account. When I say that I mean now anytime I am logged in (pre-clearing cookie) it will just show a blank page or error out. I have tried to find errors, and fix issues in the actual database with no results found and thus I tried to do an update and it fails.

I can say that it seems to be related to current shopping carts or non-processed cart listings. So could it be related to any pending orders that are having issues or from Canada as well as processed orders? Because I currently do not even have the Canada Shipping module installed and never have had it installed.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I want to give the congratulions to the author off this FAQ.

I am trying to upgrade from version 1.2.5.0 with this module but i get the error:

- Error during backupDB.

My version don´t have memchache.

I send some screen shots.

post-34974-0-48778700-1332560861_thumb.png

post-34974-0-66978600-1332560867_thumb.png

post-34974-0-69671500-1332560885_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...