[SOLVED] Moved presta to different host - login not working

Hi,

I just moved my site from one host to another (aka different server).

I did the following:

1. copied files from old host to new host.

2. export sql file from old host.

3. made sure all my relevant folder & files have 755 permission.

4. import sql file to new host.

5. configured the settings.inc file in /conf.

My new DB table name "prefix" has changed since I am on a shared hosting, I can't really control that. So say my old db name was x_prestadb, now it is y_prestadb. When imported the sql into the new host, it kept the old prefix (aka, x), so even thought my new db is called y_prestadb, the tables all start with x_table_name. make sense?

So i go to my admin login page. It looks fine when you open it. it asks for my email and password. I enter the information, but i get either an incorrect email/pass (which is NOT true) or it just redirects me to the same login page without any messages.

I also tried to debug the login.php page in the admin folder. I noticed that i do go into the following area "ELSE":

$employee = new Employee();
 $employee = $employee->getByemail($email, $passwd);

but it seems that is where it fails. When i try to echo $employee, it is empty.

I tried reading in the other forums/topics, but no luck.

http://www.prestasho...he-back-office/

http://blog.ibiz.co....-in-prestashop/

I even tried to update query my password, but still..no go.

UPDATE x_employee SET passwd = md5("EfefE0aFZk7GpDAPVhSBzBB9thJ9RYHBROOKKMbZI9Fexht7jhezNEkH12345678") WHERE id_employee= 1;

HELP!

Hi Marty,

Do you think all these issues are happening because I am using a temp url rather than the real domain?

I think i will point the domain to the hosting and give it a go to see what happens.

btw, since i changed my hosting, but the domain will stay the same, does that mean i need to change the cookie key? and how do you change a cookie key anyways?

thanks

What do you mean by temp urls?

A temporary URL is usually an option offered by hosting providers for times when your actual domain is not working properly. There is actually a good run-down on it here.

Thanks for coming back to post your solution Meytalm! I'll go ahead and mark this as solved for you.

-Mike