Security header is not valid - Read first

Carl Favre

Most of the time when you have the following error

L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Security error

L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Security header is not valid

L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

It means that your credentials are incorrect or that you are using sandbox credentials with production mode (or production credentials with sandbox mode).

If you are in production, you have to check INACTIVE for SandBox mode (be sure to fill the configuration form with your production credentials and not your sandbox credentials).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am getting this message but how do I know if I have sandbox or live credentials?

I tried removing the API and creating another but that did not work.

Paypal is bleating on about live API endpoints but there is no place to enter them on PS

Help please!

I am also freaking about world pay so if you can help with that let me know!!!

Thanks xxxx

:wub:

Hi Fabien,

I'm looking for a new module of PayPal. Currently I have installed version v2.6. I'm looking for, because I have a problem with the normal process of paying. When you select apayment method paypal goes to the next page, but white and at the top of the screenshows the information unintelligible to me. When you search for a solution I decided to find a new module, as an antidote to this problem. Unfortunately I can not find this module. I downloaded it from SVN, compresed with WinRar pack but this solutiondoes not work - that is, dont want to install the module. So finally I'm looking here foradvice from you as a [spam-filter] from PayPal.

PS 1.4.4.1

www.plytacmb.pl

I would be glad if you can help me with this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This error is returned by PayPal when credentials are incorrect (it's not an error generated by PrestaShop).

And this error always happen when credentials are incorrect (I never saw any others cases).

Are you sure you copy / past it properly (no adding space, take the all signature, etc...) are you sure you have generated production credentials (not sandbox) ?

• 3 weeks later...

Fabien

the problem was that i had copied twice the API signature!!

I post all the steps to reassure future customers

1 in paypal.es Acceso a API

Administrar credenciales de API para integrar mi cuenta PayPal con mi tienda en Internet o mi carro de la compra.

2 Opción 2: Solicitar credenciales de API para crear su nombre de usuario y su contraseña propios de API.

(WAIT UNTIL THIS DATA IS CREATED BY PAYPAL)

3 In prestashop paypal modlue:Choose a solution:

• Payments by credit cards: CB , Visa, Mastercard and PayPal account

• PayPal Express : payment in 2 clicks with PayPal account directly from cart page

4 settings

Sandbox mode (tests):

inactive

5 copy and paste CAREFULLY api credentials into

• 3 months later...

Hi! I already have an existing website with yahoo using my paypal account for payment. I just opened another website using prestabox. I am trying to add my my presta site to paypal and it is asking me the THIRD PARTY PERMISSION USERNAME for presta which i do not know. Can someone please help me because when I put in the API PASSWORD, USERNAME AND SIGNATURE i am presently using for my yahoo site, it doesn't work on presta.

So the option is to go to my paypal account and add my new presta site. but paypal is asking for the THIRD PARTY PERMISSION USERNAME for presta. Please help so I can start using paypal for prestabox.

Thanks a million....

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am having a similar problem and getting an error but I'm concerned that it has something to do with that we are in South Africa cause if I try to redownload the PayPal module it says 'not available in your country'...

however my client sent me their API details for PayPal and it all looks fine...

1. Making new connection to 'api-3t.sandbox.paypal.com/nvp'
  2. Connect with CURL method successful
  3. Sending this params:

4. Send with CURL method successful
  5. PayPal response:
  6. TIMESTAMP -> 2012-06-20T17:30:38Z
  7. CORRELATIONID -> 87606527dac30
  8. ACK -> Failure
  9. VERSION -> 60.0
  10. BUILD -> 3067390
  11. L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10002
  12. L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Security error
  13. L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Security header is not valid
  14. L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error
  15. PayPal returned error

Look forward to your responses!

Kind regards,

Jhorene

hi there,

is there anyone that can help me please?

I've also tested by setting up a PayPal Sandbox account to see what it does, also gives me same error 'failed to authorise' then i've unselected the sandbox mode put in live Paypal credentials - same thing...

rechecked that i copied and pasted the correct details but no luck.

Please help!

Hi,

I am having a similar problem and getting an error but I'm concerned that it has something to do with that we are in South Africa cause if I try to redownload the PayPal module it says 'not available in your country'...

however my client sent me their API details for PayPal and it all looks fine...

1. Making new connection to 'api-3t.sandbox.paypal.com/nvp'
  2. Connect with CURL method successful
  3. Sending this params:

4. Send with CURL method successful
  5. PayPal response:
  6. TIMESTAMP -> 2012-06-20T17:30:38Z
  7. CORRELATIONID -> 87606527dac30
  8. ACK -> Failure
  9. VERSION -> 60.0
  10. BUILD -> 3067390
  11. L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10002
  12. L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Security error
  13. L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Security header is not valid
  14. L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error
  15. PayPal returned error

Look forward to your responses!

Kind regards,

Jhorene

• 2 months later...

I'm getting this same error but the fix isn't working. I've checked and re-checked the API info half a dozen times, I've even tried manually typing it in but I still get the '10002 Security header is not valid' error on checkout. I've tried it with and without cache enabled and with force compiling on or off. Still no joy. I've uninstalled and re-installed the Paypal module several times but it still doesn't work and I've checked it is not in test mode. The only solution I can find in the forums is a mistake in the API info but that definitely is not it in my case.

Any other ideas?

Edited by T-bird (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

I'm having the security issue.

Please refer to logs:

• PayPal response:
  • TIMESTAMP -> 2012-10-05T22:26:55Z
  • L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10002
  • L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Security error
  • L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Security header is not valid
  • L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

I have made sure it's not in test mode. Let me ask, when it ask for API signature, 1st is that the API certificate I get from paypal? and 2, Do I copy all of the certificate including the RSA Private key to the API signature field?

Thanks

This seems to be an on going problem with Paypal intergration the thing I find interesting is it is explained as human error?

I have 3 subdomains all set up identical and at the same time...one site was no problem at all to set up with Paypal...2nd and 3rd using the same settings and id etc wouldn't work, I got the same reply as everyone here regarding Security Header not valid...I got pissed off trying to fix it and left it over night tested the 2nd site the next day it worked fine ( I had changed nothing ) the 3rd site still won't work nicely with Paypal

So to say it is human error is a long stretch it seems to reset or refresh to the correct settings on its own???

At the moment I have 2 out of 3 sites working fine all the sites are set up exactly the same as far as I can tell and I have wasted a lot of time checking they are the same

It is a bit odd that 2 out 3 work but not all...when all I had to do was cut and paste the same id 3 times can that be human error ?

More likely it is a problem with the code or sand box buttons in Paypal ...but I have run out of idea's that I can control to fix it other than wait and see if it fixes its self like one site did :huh:

any suggestions... and yes I have read the threads on this subject and tried the fixes

• 2 weeks later...

Ok Guys to solve this problem below:

PayPal response:

TIMESTAMP -> 2012-10-18T19:10:16Z

L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10002

L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Security error

L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Security header is not valid

L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

PayPal returned error

Just make sure you have copied the right API details from PayPal (please crosscheck again)

API Username:

API Password:

Signature:

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings community,

Please note:

- It has happened that when you install the new Paypal and set the configuration variable "PAYPAL_API_SIGNATURE" not saved correctly.

What we should do is directly to the database table "ps_configuration" and search the name the word "PAYPAL_API_SIGNATURE" and edit the value NULL for its Signature and go!

What if it happens to someone!

Best regards.

• 1 month later...

Hmm i did that.... i double checked a million times.. they are correct and i'm still getting the same error in my email. it seems to be working all the way til the end.. it shows this...

screenshot20121207at534.png

and same info from above in my email. I did check the database to be sure they are correct. they are still right. i even uninstalled... removed from ftp.. uploaded the most recent paypal from prestashop. still getting this error. I'm pulling my hair right now! :( any ideas!

Thanks!

Edited by patrick81 (see edit history)

• PayPal response:
  • TIMESTAMP -> 2012-12-14T00:39:25Z
  • L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10002

I am trying to test out paypal and i get this, so after reading the first post, i understand why....

It is trying to use paypal api info in real mode when it is in actual test mode, follow...

ok, now I go to sand box in order to try to find API info to replace the actual API info...

I see nothing that really relates in sandbox...

It does appear to work when it is in non-test mode, but I need to be able to

test it to make sure, since I can not use my own paypal to test...

I do not see the following info in sandbox...

API Username

API Password

API Signature

Since I have this in test mode, exactly what and where do I

get the info in order to complete a successful paypal test?

I also have a google check out question...when I setup my google url, it would not accept

it the url as it said I had to use https:// does this mean I need to get SSL?

Thank-You

Edited by dsimms (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Good news everyone!

I have been trying to get Paypal to work for the last day, and it has been giving me a serious headache. Mostly because I have done EVERYTHING right, yet I still got this dreaded error message.

Now I would like to tell others of the solution that I found.

It turns out that when you click GET MY PAYPAL API CREDENTIALS from within the Paypal Module, the popup that show up gives the details. But the real problem is that this popup is not showing the ENTIRE API Signature string.

I found this out by going logging into Paypal -> My Profile -> Other Alternatives -> My Sales Tools -> API Access -> Show API Signature

From here I found that the string had been cut out, and when I pasted this COMPLETE string from the Paypal website, Prestashop's Paypal Module worked perfectly.

Cheers all

new install of 1.5.3.1 - PP module supplied in zip did not work - generated incorrect security header - out of desperation and lack of support/documentation - updated to new version 3.4.4 and works fine first time. Could also be an install issue - try deleting module entirely, downloading a new 3.4.4 and reinstall.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a different problem. I setup everything including the API signature. It was working fine for months. But last it stoped working. NO error message. Sandbox is off. Paypal said it's not hitting their server. Their log showing that my server it's not even hitting paypal. what could e the reason? Please help. my site is down for 24 hrs :(

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

HI, I have been reading all of the answers and questions concerning the paypal problems, however I can't seem to find an answer to the error code I am getting:

PayPal response:TIMESTAMP -> 2013-12-11T19:45:56ZL_ERRORCODE0 -> 10486L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> This transaction couldn't be completed.L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> This transaction couldn't be completed. Please redirect your customer to PayPal.L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

Until now I have not had any problems with paypal payments on the website and yesterday a customer tried to order twice and this message appeared. In the BO all of the API settings and paypal options are set as mentioned in other posts.

Does any one know what this error could be?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

yes, after updated and re-copy the code, this error 

• PayPal response:
  • TIMESTAMP -> 2012-12-14T00:39:25Z
  • L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10002

finally solved.. but, i've got new problem, like this :

1. <b>PayPal response:</b>
  2. TIMESTAMP -> 2014-02-19T09:10:07Z
  3. L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10605
  4. L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
  5. L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Currency is not supported
  6. L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

i know after check the error code it's says about unsupported currency. i'm using IDR ( Indonesian Rupiah, Rp. ) currency..
is there any solution of this without change my currency in my store ?
anyone please help me.. 

thanks by the way for the information.. 

• 1 month later...

If the problem is not coming from the test mode that means your credentials are incorrect.

Please copy paste them again, be careful to not add any space.

Good solve.

I pasted my credentials into a text pad, then pasted from text pad into the PrestaShop PayPal Module.

• 3 weeks later...

HI,

Im testing the module with prestashop last version again and again and it keeps showing the same Paypal security error (10002, Security Header is not valid) when the Express Checkout is enabled.

Is there any solution for this now? I've tryed all your suggestions but nothing works. I use paypal with other store and have no issues.

Thanks in advice!

• 1 month later...

hey iv recently being having problems with paypal also 

if some one has a spare minute can they check on my website www.devineattractions.co.uk and make sure the payment method links are working

it would be much appreciated 

thank you

regards 

cherie

• 1 year later...