[SOLVED] Error: Unable to save addresses

I'm new to Prestashop. I tried to look up this problem on the forum but no luck.

I'm using v1.4.3. I installed it about 7/1/11. Everything has been working fine until today. I've been learning how to use the features of Prestashop so I've been trying various settings and options.

When trying to checkout as a Guest I receive this error:
Technical error: unable to save address
Details: Error thrown: [objecct XMLHttp Request]
Text status: error

Also if I go to the Home page and try to LOG IN I receive this message: We're sorry, but the Web address you entered is no longer available. I used to be able to log in before this error occurred.

I'm wondering if this is some setting that I maybe entered incorrectly? Or is it a bug? If it's a bug then it's pretty serious as no one is able to checkout any sales.

I tried reloading my database from backup. The reload went OK but the problem did not change.

Since this is a new site and I'm not in production yet I could probably try to re-install v1.4.3. However that seems pretty drastic. Especially if I had a site in production with lots of products.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks
Frank

I assume you didn't make any changes during this period before it was working
please try following things
1. try to clear all server (PrestaShop) cache
preferences tab - performance tab
smarty: force compile yes, cache: disable

cache (at bottom of the page): disabled

2. try to regenerate the .htaccess

Tools tab - Generators tab

To see if there any thing improved.

Thanks for responding with those suggestions.
I did as you said and there is still no change. I receive the same errors as I originally posted.

You asked if I had made any changes before it quit working. I did NOT make any changes to any of the code in any of the files.
Yes, I did make changes, such as adding products, adding attributes, and adding combinations to my products. Basically only one product that I was using as a test/learning product.

Unfortunately, I don't remember the exact change I made just before it quit working.

Unless you have any more suggestions, my next plan is to reload v1.4.3 using the upgrade instructions.

Thanks again for your help.

Prestashop version: 1.4.3
My Host: GoDaddy.com using Linux

I was able to locate the cause of the problem.

When I check "Friendly URL" in the .htaccess Generator and regenerate a new file, it breaks the "Login In" function and also breaks the ability to check out as a Guest.......or to check out as a regular customer.

I believe most of the other Prestashop features still work however I have not tested them all.

I talked to GoDaddy tech support and they told me that they DO allow URL rewriting. They looked at my .htaccess file and were not able to see anything obviously wrong.

I have turned off the Friendly URL feature for my site and everything seems to be working OK.

I will submit a bug report for this issue

Thanks
Frank

I just tried the on my demo server with SEO friendly enabled and everything seems fine.
I have not idea why would that happens. maybe related to some data.

maybe you can try to do a clean installation to see if it will fix the problem.

Thanks for the reply.

I did a new clean installation of 1.4.3 (twice). And each time it works correctly up until I enable "Friendly URL". Then it fails consistently. When I disable "Friendly URL" and regenerate the .htaccess file it starts working correctly again.

I just submitted a bug report and I included a copy of my .htaccess file with the report. If you would like to see a copy of the .htaccess file just let me know and I will send it to you. I have looked at the file however the entries are beyond my programming abilities. If you want to check out the bug report I submitted you will also see the particulars about my hosting provider...etc.

For me, I can create the problem every time just by turning on Friendly URL.

I'm wondering if it is some combination of my hosting provider (GoDaddy), my browser (IE8) and the URL rewriting code ?

Thanks for your interest, I'll be glad to try any suggestions you might have.
Frank Carey

I just compared yours with mines, can not find any differences except the folder is different.
yours is prestashop and mine is prestashop143. it is really weird.

are you using PrestaShop standard theme? or 3rd party theme?
Can you shore your site URL so that I can have a look.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the same problem, but only when playing with address on the commande?step=1? page. When I click on the menu to select another address, the error appears.

If I disable url rewritting, it works normally. I regenerated the htaccess without success.

I tried to generate the htaccess without optimisation and without multiview, but no luck neither.

When I look to my console, I see that when I select another address, I have the page order.php and "commande" (which is the SEF url oh the same page in french) called 10 times each in a row, with always a 301 moved answer. The last one is cancelled.

So it looks like a redirection loop.

URL de la requête:https://boutique.arcadie-sa.fr/commande

Méthode de la requête:GET

Code d’état:301 Moved

En-têtes de requêteafficher la source

Accept:application/json, text/javascript, */*; q=0.01

Accept-Encoding:gzip, deflate

Accept-Language:fr-fr

Origin:https://boutique.arcadie-sa.fr

--->Referer:https://boutique.arcadie-sa.fr/commande?step=1

User-Agent:Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_8) AppleWebKit/534.50 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Safari/534.50

X-Requested-With:XMLHttpRequest

En-têtes de réponseafficher la source

Cache-Control:no-cache, must-revalidate

Connection:close

Content-Encoding:gzip

Content-Length:20

Content-Type:text/html; charset=utf-8

Date:Fri, 09 Sep 2011 13:28:20 GMT

Expires:Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT

--->Location:https://boutique.arcadie-sa.fr/order.php

Server:Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) PHP/5.2.17-0.dotdeb.0 with Suhosin-Patch mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8g

Vary:Accept-Encoding

X-Powered-By:PHP/5.2.17-0.dotdeb.0

The strange things is that the address is actually changed, so everything seems to work. Only the error is thrown.

PS 1.4.4.1

# URL rewriting rules

RewriteRule ^api/?(.*)$ /webservice/dispatcher.php?url=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?/[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.jpg$ /img/p/$1/$1$2.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?/[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.jpg$ /img/p/$1/$2/$1$2$3.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?/[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.jpg$ /img/p/$1/$2/$3/$1$2$3$4.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?/[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.jpg$ /img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$1$2$3$4$5.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?/[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.jpg$ /img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$1$2$3$4$5$6.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?/[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.jpg$ /img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$6/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?/[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.jpg$ /img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$6/$7/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7$8.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?/[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.jpg$ /img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$6/$7/$8/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7$8$9.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^c/([0-9]+)(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)/[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.jpg$ /img/c/$1$2.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^c/([a-zA-Z-]+)/[a-zA-Z0-9-]+\.jpg$ /img/c/$1.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)\-[a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.html /product.php?id_product=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)\-[a-zA-Z0-9-]* /category.php?id_category=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^[a-zA-Z0-9-]*/([0-9]+)\-[a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.html /product.php?id_product=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)__([a-zA-Z0-9-]*) /supplier.php?id_supplier=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)_([a-zA-Z0-9-]*) /manufacturer.php?id_manufacturer=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^content/([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*) /cms.php?id_cms=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^content/category/([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*) /cms.php?id_cms_category=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)/[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.jpg$ /img/c/$1$2.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^page-non-trouvee$ /404.php [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^adresse$ /address.php [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^adresses$ /addresses.php [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^authentification$ /authentication.php [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^meilleures-ventes$ /best-sales.php [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^panier$ /cart.php [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^contactez-nous$ /contact-form.php [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^bons-de-reduction$ /discount.php [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^suivi-commande-invite$ /guest-tracking.php [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^historique-des-commandes$ /history.php [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^identite$ /identity.php [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^fabricants$ /manufacturer.php [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^mon-compte$ /my-account.php [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^nouveaux-produits$ /new-products.php [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^commande$ /order.php [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^details-de-la-commande$ /order-follow.php [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^commande-rapide$ /order-opc.php [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^avoirs$ /order-slip.php [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^mot-de-passe-oublie$ /password.php [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^promotions$ /prices-drop.php [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^recherche$ /search.php [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^plan-du-site$ /sitemap.php [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^magasins$ /stores.php [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^fournisseurs$ /supplier.php [QSA,L]

</IfModule>

post-30617-0-83518000-1315575528_thumb.jpg

This issue has been fixed. I created a BUG REPORT - PSCFI-2597. In that report you will see that Mark Sullivan provided the information for the fix. The Prestashop team says that it will be included in the next release.

If you don't have 1.4.4 yet you can include the fix in your version by following the instructions that I added near the end of the BUG REPORT.

Good luck.

Thanks a lot, but I use PS 1.4.4.1 and the option is already present. So I checked it, and still have the problem.

But I have the problem only with the address, not with the guest checkout. So it may be a bug fork ? ;)

You can test it there hxxp://boutique.arcadie-sa.fr

create an account, create two address, and try to change it in the order process.

Tested on Mac os X safari-chrome-firefox.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Thanks a lot, but I use PS 1.4.4.1 and the option is already present. So I checked it, and still have the problem.

But I have the problem only with the address, not with the guest checkout. So it may be a bug fork ? ;)

create an account, create two address, and try to change it in the order process.

Thanks.

i have the exact problem, on 1.4.4.1.

did you resolve it in any way?

Thanks.

Hi Matthieu,

I was unable to replicate this using the following steps:

1. Create an account

2. Add a 2nd address

3. Add a product to the cart and click Check Out

4. Switch addresses from the drop-down bar

Is there a step I may be missing?

-Mike

• 5 months later...