CCC (Combine, Compress and Cache)

juanv

Can anyone direct me in the right direction please? Which one should be enabled?

Smart cache for CSS
Use CCC for CSS.
Keep CSS as original

Smart cache for JavaScript
Use CCC for JavaScript.
Keep JavaScript as original

Minify HTML
Minify HTML after "smarty compile" execution.
Keep HTML as original

Compress inline JavaScript in HTML
Compress inline JavaScript in HTML after "smarty compile" execution
Keep inline JavaScript in HTML as original

High risk HTML compression
HTML is compressed but cancels the W3C validation (only when "Minify HTML" is enabled)
Keep W3C validation

Thank you

Can anyone direct me in the right direction please? Which one should be enabled?

Smart cache for CSS
Use CCC for CSS.
Keep CSS as original

Use CCC for JavaScript.

Minify HTML
Keep HTML as original

HTML is compressed but cancels the W3C validation (only when "Minify HTML" is enabled)
Keep W3C validation

Thank you

After i enabled the following options :

Use CCC for CSS.
Use CCC for JavaScript.

In the BO the PrestaShop Link and the PrestaShop News boxes changed position ( see pic)

48249_7JzSxGGrkmD10nDFHSv6_t

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I set the last option high risk html compression disabled.

But anyways, if you only have a problem in the BO , i dont think you need to worry about anything else.Make sure you have a theme compatible with the latest version.Non compatible themes are known to cause problems.

Do not enable CCC if you have a non compatible theme.

Hi

I set the last option high risk html compression disabled.

But anyways, if you only have a problem in the BO , i dont think you need to worry about anything else.Make sure you have a theme compatible with the latest version.Non compatible themes are known to cause problems.

Do not enable CCC if you have a non compatible theme.

Thank you for the advice, appreciate it!

Iam using the standard presta theme so there shouldnt be any problems, have a good one!

:)

Hi,

I had the same problem.... the layout of the Admin Home would break when all those options were enabled (with a green check present). I'm pretty sure this is a bug. I'm using v1.4.2.5 btw.

Anyways, I managed to find a fix... here's what I did:

Edit your /admin/tabs/AdminHome.php file... look for line 96 or this line of code:

if ($rewrite + $htaccessOptimized + $smartyOptimized + $cccOptimized + $shopEnabled + $htaccessAfterUpdate + $indexRebuiltAfterUpdate != 14)

Basically, you want to delete/disable this line of code. I suppose you could just delete it but I always like to use the comment out feature when modifying core files just in case I want to revert back. Makes it easier. So I just commented out this line by doing the following:

//if ($rewrite + $htaccessOptimized + $smartyOptimized + $cccOptimized + $shopEnabled + $htaccessAfterUpdate + $indexRebuiltAfterUpdate != 14)

Let me know if this works for ya! Hope this helps!

Smart cache for CSS
Use CCC for CSS.
Keep CSS as original

Use CCC for JavaScript.

Minify HTML
Keep HTML as original

Keep W3C validation

Thank you

Use CCC for CSS.
Use CCC for JavaScript.

In the BO the PrestaShop Link and the PrestaShop News boxes changed position ( see pic)

Hi,

I had the same problem.... the layout of the Admin Home would break when all those options were enabled (with a green check present). I'm pretty sure this is a bug. I'm using v1.4.2.5 btw.

Anyways, I managed to find a fix... here's what I did:

Edit your /admin/tabs/AdminHome.php file... look for line 96 or this line of code:

if ($rewrite + $htaccessOptimized + $smartyOptimized + $cccOptimized + $shopEnabled + $htaccessAfterUpdate + $indexRebuiltAfterUpdate != 14)

Basically, you want to delete/disable this line of code. I suppose you could just delete it but I always like to use the comment out feature when modifying core files just in case I want to revert back. Makes it easier. So I just commented out this line by doing the following:

//if ($rewrite + $htaccessOptimized + $smartyOptimized + $cccOptimized + $shopEnabled + $htaccessAfterUpdate + $indexRebuiltAfterUpdate != 14)

Let me know if this works for ya! Hope this helps!

Smart cache for CSS
Use CCC for CSS.
Keep CSS as original

Use CCC for JavaScript.

Minify HTML
Keep HTML as original

Keep W3C validation

Thank you

Use CCC for CSS.
Use CCC for JavaScript.

Thank you very much, this "tweak" fixed the problem 100%, thanks for the advice about commenting out a line, I will definitely use that again!

have a great day

• 2 months later...

clicking these preferences on makes a big difference in speed but a few of them may align a few things out of place in front office and/or back office. if so, no problem to turn each off at a time to trouble shoot which one is doing it. The site does go back the way it was when turning back off the preferences. I was worried about that. We work so hard to get the shops perfect and if you're not sure what a preference does it could mess something up. I think we all worry about that, but this is not the case with these preferences at least not a permanent state. The site will go back to what it was by turning off the preferences. In my case Smart cache for JavaScript and Minify HTML made a few things out of alignment but I just turned them back off until I can trouble shoot why it was happing. No worries. Other then that my site seems to be running faster, especially the flash videos on every product page are loading and running much faster, which I am very happy about that. They are definitely important preferences to turn on and try.