PrestaShop Forum: Build a free online shop. Count on the Community!

The best place in the world to ask questions about PrestaShop and get advice from our passionate community!

PrestaShop Forum: Build a free online shop. Count on the Community!

Photo

[MODULE][FREE] Facebook Like a Lot Prestashop 1.4+ [update 28/10 - With Facebook Open Graph tags]

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic
bemcapaz

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:06 PM

So you guys are saying that when you share a product that is in the LIST of the products category, the like button is getting the wrong image to display on the facebook? That its showing the image from another product?

juanv

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:13 PM

So you guys are saying that when you share a product that is in the LIST of the products category, the like button is getting the wrong image to display on the facebook? That its showing the image from another product?

Yip, thats spot on, any product that one "likes" or "recommend" will be displayed on the persons facebook wall but with a random selected image of another product instead of the actual liked image..... the rest shows up 100%!

Here we Go Again      :blink:

bemcapaz

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:20 PM

Hi, juanv you´re correct, the bug can be easily solved by adding the og:image tag to the head section. However this fix will work only for the produc own page since any page can have a single og:image tag. Anyway im already working on it now and realease a updated version of the module today.

Thanks for the letting me know of the issue guys

juanv

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:26 PM

Hi, juanv you´re correct, the bug can be easily solved by adding the og:image tag to the head section. However this fix will work only for the produc own page since any page can have a single og:image tag. Anyway im already working on it now and realease a updated version of the module today.

Your most welcome and THANK YOU for the effort on this, really appreciate it!

Looking forward to the updated version, whoop whoop!

:)

JuC

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:15 PM

Yayyy! Great! Thank you bemcapaz. I've tried to add the og tags to fix the image issue with no proper result. I hope you'll be able to fix it. As juanv said, this is the best facebook like button module i've came across with.

I'm waiting patiently for the new version :D

bemcapaz

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:05 PM

Just to let you guys know, I already updateded the module and its available on the first post, i changed the old one for the new one.

Let me know if it show any other problem ;)

Rho_bur

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:05 AM

Hi bemcapaz and thank you for your contribution to this community; I am trying to test the carousel slide module and could not transplant it to the header, it is showed as hooked but not displaying at all; no error message either, am I missing something ?
I am working on localhost if that means anything.

juanv

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:46 AM

Just to let you guys know, I already updateded the module and its available on the first post, i changed the old one for the new one.

Hi, Thank you for the updated version!

I have tested your new updated version and it works most of the time but i get an error next to the "Be the first of your friends to recommend this." If i click on the "error" a blanck window pops up with this address ->

http://www.facebook....error.php?title[func]=fbt_raw_array_unwrapped&title;[func_args][0]&title;[func_args][1][0]=No+administrators+were+specified.&title;[munge]=1&title;[need_force_raw]=0&title;[locale]=en_US&hash=AQDPGiTBUgfMSd9I

Most of the time the product gets posted on facebook with the right image and description even with this error and sometimes it will give no error and nothing will be posted on facebook?

Any ideas!

Many Thanx

juanv

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:57 AM

Hi, Thank you for the updated version!

I have tested your new updated version and it works most of the time but i get an error next to the "Be the first of your friends to recommend this." If i click on the "error" a blanck window pops up with this address ->

http://www.facebook....error.php?title[func]=fbt_raw_array_unwrapped&title;[func_args][0]&title;[func_args][1][0]=No+administrators+were+specified.&title;[munge]=1&title;[need_force_raw]=0&title;[locale]=en_US&hash=AQDPGiTBUgfMSd9I

Most of the time the product gets posted on facebook with the right image and description even with this error and sometimes it will give no error and nothing will be posted on facebook?

Any ideas!

Many Thanx

After testing a few more products ..... once i click on the "recommend" link it will change to "confirm" and the when i click on "confirm" a window pops up and asks again to "like" the product! (see image)

is there a way to cut out this feature to make the process as fast and simple as possible?

:)

Attached Files

• Attached File  face.jpg   40bytes   225 downloads

bemcapaz

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:01 PM

Hey juanv, I looked intou the possible causes of the first problem mentioned and looks like that might be some Like Button bug. They are always updating the features of their apps so it isnt somthing really uncommon to happen, and those things tend to be corrected by itself (once their servers are ok or they fix the issue)

Also the proccess you mentioned can´t be changed since it is all sended from Facebook, even the proccess of how to render the Like button is coordinate from Facebook, all we can do is send in some parameters to configure how that should be rendered but its their servers that ultimately decide how it will be.

Thats why implemeting the Open Graphs tags are helpfull, facebook always read then before rendering the tools, so having a og:image will make Facebook use the link in there for the image and so on. All we can do is basicly configure the feature the best way possible to make sure any bugs wont happen.

For instance, are you using your own APP ID key or the facebook default APP ID that comes with the module? I found out that using a self created APP ID can be much better than using facebook shared one.

juanv

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:18 PM

Hey juanv, I looked intou the possible causes of the first problem mentioned and looks like that might be some Like Button bug. They are always updating the features of their apps so it isnt somthing really uncommon to happen, and those things tend to be corrected by itself (once their servers are ok or they fix the issue)

Also the proccess you mentioned can´t be changed since it is all sended from Facebook, even the proccess of how to render the Like button is coordinate from Facebook, all we can do is send in some parameters to configure how that should be rendered but its their servers that ultimately decide how it will be.

Thats why implemeting the Open Graphs tags are helpfull, facebook always read then before rendering the tools, so having a og:image will make Facebook use the link in there for the image and so on. All we can do is basicly configure the feature the best way possible to make sure any bugs wont happen.

For instance, are you using your own APP ID key or the facebook default APP ID that comes with the module? I found out that using a self created APP ID can be much better than using facebook shared one.

Hey

Thank you for replying so fast and for explaining these things to a noob like myself! It makes much more sense now!

Iam using my own created APP ID so thank you for that idea! I will leave this now for a couple of days and test it again but iam sure it will then be fixed!

Keep up the great work!

* GREAT MODULE AND THANK YOU*

juanv

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:19 PM

Hey

Thank you for replying so fast and for explaining these things to a noob like myself! It makes much more sense now!

Iam using my own created APP ID so thank you for that idea! I will leave this now for a couple of days and test it again but iam sure it will then be fixed!

Keep up the great work!

*GREAT MODULE AND THANK YOU*

bemcapaz

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:13 PM

No problem, actually I also must be thankfull for the feedback you gave to me, you helped me a lot on the improvment of the module ;)

bemcapaz

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:17 PM

Hi bemcapaz and thank you for your contribution to this community; I am trying to test the carousel slide module and could not transplant it to the header, it is showed as hooked but not displaying at all; no error message either, am I missing something ?
I am working on localhost if that means anything.

Hey Rhobur, do you have any other module installed on header that is showing?

Nhan-Vietnam

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:14 AM

A great module ! Thanks so much.

bemcapaz

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:41 PM

Thanks for all your help and feedback guys

I just released a new module to download, it can be found here in the forum on this post or directly in my site here

ScubaLessonsInc

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:49 PM

Can you explain which file I need to edit to do this???? what folder/path etc..?
[quote]
- Transform your page in a Open Graph Object by adding the following OG properties to your products page
og:title
-> get the name of the title of the product
og:type -> setted to 'product', so facebook knows that your page is a product
og:image -> also make the Send button always render the proper product image
og:description -> get the short description of your product
og:url -> your current product page url
[/b]
[/quote]

I have this issue below and tried your solution.. no luck.. www.turbosupplycenter.com
.. I uninstalled everything except this little line that says "PRINT" in firebug it says it is #primary_block" that it is coming from but I don't see a primary block module this is a new site using version: 1.4.1.0

[quote]1.My Like button isn´t being loaded right at the bottom of the image, what I have to do?
[quote]Make sure to uninstall any module that loads at the same place that the Like a Lot module, any module that is rendered after the Products image. After that, install Like a Lot module first and then reinstall the other modules, that will make Prestashop renders the LIke a Lot module right after the images.[/quote]

LOVE THE CAROSEL MODULE. USE IT OFTEN! Thanks for your giving nature and providing these great modules.

Tina O'Connell, Email: info@scubalessonsinc.com
Sites: www.ScubaLessonsInc.com or www.Stuff4Scuba.com

thierry_02

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:04 AM

J'ai un problème avec ce module lorsque je click sur j'aime un produit, l'image n'est pas la bonne? je suis sur la 1.4.10.Merci
I love you presta 1.4

srtxema

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:10 AM

i have the same problem. module take a ramdon photo

Mikas

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:39 PM

Hi, I've recently installed your module, but I have a problem - button does not work. It appears as it should be, but after pressing the like button, nothing happens, you can test it here: http://www.healthy-e...sb-charger.html I use PrestaShop 1.4.3, can you help me somehow? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users