How to disable DNI validation

Hi all,

How can I disable validation for dni field? I have tried to remove 'dni' => 'isDniLite' from $fieldsValidate in /classes/Address.php on line 103 and made some experiment with isDniLite and isDni functions in /classes/Validate.php, but with no results. Field is still validated.

Can somebody know, how to completely disabled validation for this field?

Thanks a lot.

i have the same problem in version 1.4.2.5, i just want disable the validation of DNI field, some customers may want to leave it blank

i have tried this in validate.php class but it still validates the DNI field, please help...

static public function isDniLite($dni)
{
return true;
}

in the backoffice -> customers -> addresses -> set required fields
its nothing checked to be required

SOLVED for ver 1.4.2.5

in controllers/AddressController.php change the code at line 127

if ($country->isNeedDni() AND (!Tools::getValue('dni') OR !Validate::isDniLite(Tools::getValue('dni'))))

to:
if ($country->isNeedDni() AND !Validate::isDniLite(Tools::getValue('dni')))

no need to update validate.php or address.php and now the customers can leave the DNI field blank

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

To disable DNI validation but still have the choice to display it or not in the address form by choosing if it's required or not for the country:

Step 1

open controllers/AuthController.php

find (around line 127)

if (Country::isNeedDniByCountryId($address->id_country) AND (!Tools::getValue('dni') OR !Validate::isDniLite(Tools::getValue('dni'))))
$this->errors[] = Tools::displayError('Identification number is incorrect or has already been used.');
  elseif (!Country::isNeedDniByCountryId($address->id_country))
$address->dni = NULL;

and disable it by replacing with

/*if (Country::isNeedDniByCountryId($address->id_country) AND (!Tools::getValue('dni') OR !Validate::isDniLite(Tools::getValue('dni'))))
$this->errors[] = Tools::displayError('Identification number is incorrect or has already been used.');
  elseif (!Country::isNeedDniByCountryId($address->id_country))
$address->dni = NULL;*/

Step 2

open controllers/AddressController.php

find (around line 123)

if ($country->isNeedDni() AND (!Tools::getValue('dni') OR !Validate::isDniLite(Tools::getValue('dni'))))
  elseif (!$country->isNeedDni())
$address->dni = NULL;

and disable it by replacing with

/*if ($country->isNeedDni() AND (!Tools::getValue('dni') OR !Validate::isDniLite(Tools::getValue('dni'))))
  elseif (!$country->isNeedDni())
$address->dni = NULL;*/

Tested on prestashop 1.4.7

I strongly recoomend to NOT delete any line in .php presta's files, but to comment them instead

Edited by studioneko (see edit history)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here is what I have figured out with this issue:

I am on PS v1.5.2

In your BO "Localization > Countries" edit the country in question and disable "Need Tax identification number?". You can also set other field options in here in the "Address format:". However, this does not change the fields on registration page, it does change on the "Guest Checkout" page though, I can confirm that.

To get rid of the ""Need Tax identification number?" from the regiser page just modify "authentication.tpl" from the theme directory you are using. You can comment this section out with <!-- "section to be removed" -->

or set a style to hide it, e.g. <fieldset class="account_creation dni" style="display: none;">

You can also get rid of other fields form this page like ZIp code or "Receive special offers from our partners" etc. using the same method. Most of these are located twice in the "authentication.tpl" file, so be sure to comment the correct one, or just do both, I did and it works fine for me.

Hope this helps others...

• 3 years later...

Hello everyone, i know i will bump this post. But maybe someone reads my solution and can help the community.

This is my solution to delete DNI field in Address form:

Step 1:

Edit: /controllers/front/AuthController.php

Line 540

Comment the lines

if ($country->need_identification_number && (!Tools::getValue('dni') || !Validate::isDniLite(Tools::getValue('dni')))) {
                    $this->errors[] = Tools::displayError('The identification number is incorrect or has already been used.');
                } elseif (!$country->need_identification_number) {
                    $$addresses_type->dni = null;
                }

Step 2:

Edit: /controllers/front/AddressController.php

Line 157

// Check country DNI
            if ($country->isNeedDni() && (!Tools::getValue('dni') || !Validate::isDniLite(Tools::getValue('dni')))) {
                $this->errors[] = Tools::displayError('The identification number is incorrect or has already been used.');
            } elseif (!$country->isNeedDni()) {
                $address->dni = null;
            }

Step 3:

Edit: /themes/<theme_folder/ and comment:

{if !$dniExist}
			<div class="required dni form-group unvisible">
				<label for="dni">{l s='Identification number'} <sup>*</sup></label>
				<input class="is_required form-control" data-validate="{$address_validation.dni.validate}" type="text" name="dni" id="dni" value="{if isset($smarty.post.dni)}{$smarty.post.dni}{else}{if isset($address->dni)}{$address->dni|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}{/if}{/if}" />
				<span class="form_info">{l s='DNI / NIF / NIE'}</span>
			</div>
		{/if}

Maybe you needs to comment DNI field in company option. I don't need company info, so i commented too. 

To comment in PHP, you can use /* CODE TO COMMENT */

To comment in TPL, you can use {* CODE TO COMMENT *}

Bye, and thanks for all.

Edited by DanielRomanMartinez (see edit history)

Thanks Daniel,

If I understood everything, as you modify some "global" parameters (controllers), you can not separate what you want to display on the shop you want if you work with multishop mode..

I am looking for a solution to require Company and SIRET fields for one shop (with B2B mode enabled) and hide those fields (with no require, of course) for the second shop (with B2B disabled)

It seems this is not yet possible in the latest version (I'm running 1.6.1.3)

Any idea someone ?

Thanks !

• 1 year later...

SOLVED for ver 1.4.2.5

in controllers/AddressController.php change the code at line 127

to:

if ($country->isNeedDni() AND !Validate::isDniLite(Tools::getValue('dni')))

no need to update validate.php or address.php and now the customers can leave the DNI field blank

Great! Thanks a lot Faraon..

its old solution but works perfect also in 1.5.2.0 but, you should change it in AuthController.php only, B)

if you don´t want REQUIRED dni identification only for QUEST - without registration.

No more .tpl/php changes needed ! :rolleyes:

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 4/9/2020 at 8:40 AM, Courage2000 said:

I need this fo 1.7.6.x, please

In 1.7.6 classes/Address.php

Line 138

'dni' => array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'validate' => 'isDniLite', 'size' => 16),

replace with

'dni' => array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'validate' => 'isGenericName', 'size' => 16),

this will bypass validation for DNI, it can now have / @ or any other characters.

• 2 months later...

Provided solution is not working.

How to make DNI field optional in PS 1.7.7.4?

• We tried to edit address format within the country - it throws error that DNI is required. VAT was disabled
  • We tried to add new country from scratch - it throws the same error that DNI is required, it wont even safe
  • We tried to edit required fields under the customers > addresses - its unchecked, but it is still required
  • Anytime we try to edit ANY country now, it tells me that DNI is required and it wont safe
  • We tried to change it with code, but nothing provided is working. Even when we removed DNI code wherever we found it, it still shows.
  • Our main problem is US. We are located in Czech republic, but wherever someone tries to order to US, is asked to input DNI

Please, can you help us to remove it, or make it optional? All the traditional advices and setting was already tried.

Thank you.