[POLL] Zendesk Email support intergration module wanted?

msk69

Zendesk is a nice email support solution, with android, and iphone support. more info on www.zendesk.com
(you can easily foreward your mail to [email protected] in function to get it working. In zendesk you can set the reply email address, e.g. [email protected], so the customer does not see @yourname.zendesk.com .)

I contacted a programmer who has made an api module for Zencart and OSC etc, who eventually wants to create a module for prestashop as well. (around august) http://www.zen-gizmo.com/

Meanwhile he wants to see te demand of such a module.

Please reply in this thread if you are intrested.

Thanks,

Marco

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
Nope, not that i know..

But i noticed at zendesk that during trial you get all functions, and in the cheap plan, many are not available. :(

But the SSO feature needed to interface it with Prestashop is avalaible in all versions I think of Zendesk ;)

Vincèn

Hi Vincèn,

I'd think so. It's a while i took a look at zendesk.. I think it's a really nice system, especially that they can reply on regular emails to keep it in a ticket..

Only the features i wanted for a single person was too much for us.

regards,

Marco

Only the features i wanted for a single person was too much for us. regards, Marco

I understand, it's not the cheapest online support tool but it's really efficient, I use it since nearly one year and I love also portal where you can put all documentations and help for customers ;)

Vincèn

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I use Zopim and Zopim integrates with Zendesk. If someone gets Prestashop to work with Zendesk, it will be a HUGE customer support booster for our business as all the support related queries from customers can be centralized.

Prestashop's current ticketing system is really bad. If this Zendesk module can be linked to Prestashops orders and customer profile, it will be really useful!

C'mon someone should be doing this by now, I have been waiting for this module since 2011.

• Like 2

Asked to the Zendesk team if they are planning any integrations but nothing scheduled... . their answer:

We definitely don't have an integration with Prestashop right now, but we do provide an open API. So, it may be possible to create one if you have the necessary resources.

You can read more about our API here:

http://developer.zendesk.com/.

I checked with our integration team on this matter, and it doesn't sound like we currently have any plans for an integration at this time, but we always appreciate it if you mention this in our feature request forum.

The feature request forum can be found here:

https://support.zendesk.com/forums/1848-feature-requests

I will post it to the request form...

Unless you do something drastic, I doubt this zendesk module will be a reality. I have approached Freshdesk and waiting for their reply.

Maybe we can start by seeing how many peeps would be willing to combine money to pay for a programmer to develop one.

• 2 weeks later...

Is all we're looking for is single sign on here?

I already have one I made for kayako fusion, a $1000 piece of junk that I need to replace. Looking at zendesk's api, it shouldn't be too difficult to integrate single sign on when I have a little time or have my coder do it.

But do we need any deeper integration to get it working well with our sites?

Is all we're looking for is single sign on here?

I already have one I made for kayako fusion, a $1000 piece of junk that I need to replace. Looking at zendesk's api, it shouldn't be too difficult to integrate single sign on when I have a little time or have my coder do it.

But do we need any deeper integration to get it working well with our sites?

This page should give you a better idea: https://support.zendesk.com/entries/323052-Module-for-Integration-With-PrestaShop-e-Commerce-system

I'm on 1.4 core still.. too many core mods, I just backport important stuff as needed. So there might be hiccups borrowing any code i make. From what I see, I have to get both zendesk and livechat inc's 'livechat' to replace kayako fusion on my shop..

First thing I'll be doing is porting the single sign on i made for kayako fusion over to zen desk.

I like the idea of showing customer ticket history on the admincustomer tab... with links to ticket, date, status, etc. in a table

I doubt we can import order history to zendesk, but atleast a link to admincustomer tab from zendesk so you can further investigate customer and their order history when we get tickets?

addition of links in my-profile that goto zen desk ticket history? modification of presta's contact-form to submit directly to zendesk? This would solve the 'order number' problem since being logged into presta gives the customer a dropdown selection of which order number are they writing in about.

The module should also properly manage customer's email via the:

1. Contact Us page

2. Order Message (the part where customer logs into his account and sends a message that is tagged to the order in his account page at the store).

• 4 weeks later...

Not my highest priority since I've got a number of projects in the works, but I can atleast share single sign on if anybody wants it.

Security issue: If you use single sign on and login as a customer whoes email matches that of an admin, they will authenticate as an admin. Since zendesk offers no api solution to this, there is no clear solution other than register a customer account on your shop for every matching admin.

Not my highest priority since I've got a number of projects in the works, but I can atleast share single sign on if anybody wants it.

Security issue: If you use single sign on and login as a customer whoes email matches that of an admin, they will authenticate as an admin. Since zendesk offers no api solution to this, there is no clear solution other than register a customer account on your shop for every matching admin.

The security issue should be easy to fix once known to admins. Very few of us have >5 admins so pre-creating admin emails on the frontend to block them off isn't a lot of work.

You mentioned Single Sign On, will the functions be all iframed? Or would they be something more solid integrated to Presta? I would totally love this to happen either way and I bet many others would too!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Pressed0024: It's not a huge security issue *if* you know about it and deal with it, so that's why I disclosed that since it will be an issue with any zendesk integration.

Not understanding the purpose of the iframes? Right now, I have SSO(single sign on) working and customers' zendesk tickets displayed on admincustomer page in a table, with links directly to ticket on zendesk.

Also not seeing a lot of interest here to justify developing it beyond my own needs and packaging it all nice and pretty... will probably just drop a 'help yourself' zip file like my other work

Pressed0024: It's not a huge security issue *if* you know about it and deal with it, so that's why I disclosed that since it will be an issue with any zendesk integration.

Not understanding the purpose of the iframes? Right now, I have SSO(single sign on) working and customers' zendesk tickets displayed on admincustomer page in a table, with links directly to ticket on zendesk.

Also not seeing a lot of interest here to justify developing it beyond my own needs and packaging it all nice and pretty... will probably just drop a 'help yourself' zip file like my other work

Would love to give your "help yourself" zip file a try if you post one! :)

Hello,

The module Zendesk for Prestashop is available on add-ons.fr

Compatibility : from 1.4.1 to 1.5.4.1

Translation : English & French

Demo : ecommerce-site.fr (english only)

Login : [email protected]

password : demodemo

Features :

Back-Office : (PS version : 1.4.* - 1.5.*)

Zendesk Tab on the main menu,

Listing all tickets,

Updating tickets,

Adding comments,

Searching in tickets,

sorting tickets,

Bulk updating tickets,

Bulk deleting tickets

Creating ticket on behalf of a customer (from prestashop or zendesk)

Listing zendesks users,

Creating zendesk user,

Listing tickets and comments from a zendes user,

Bulk deleting users

Front-Office :

Tab from zendesk on every pages to create a quick ticket, (PS version : 1.4.* - 1.5.*)

A ticket page for the logged-in customer to follow the progression of a ticket he created, (PS version : 1.5.*)

Possibility to create add comments on a ticket, (PS version : 1.5.*)

Updating ticket status to solve or re-openning a ticket (PS version : 1.5.*)

Edited by Opensada (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Each time an error occurs, the previously typed text all gets forgotten and will have to retype.

Does Contact Us page create tickets as well? How about Account History order comments and Checkout Page order comments?

Quite a few errors like this in your demo when replying to tickets:

Data's processing encountered 1 errors :

• base: impossible de cr\u00e9er\/mettre \u00e0 jour le ticket \u2013 ce compte Zendesk est arriv\u00e9 \u00e0 expiration;

Hi, i'm this module developper,

Thanks a lot for your feedback which was really constructive.

To answer your questions, the error was due to the expiration of our testing account on zendesk. Since it was configured to be in french, the error was in french. We now own an account for a year at least on zendesk and synchronized it to our demo so the error won't show again.

We took into account your feedback and created a new version of the module including the creation of a zendesk ticket when sending a message from the "Contact Us" page.

An error will no longer remove the informations from a form, on customer's side. This problem should not appear on admin's side.

We added a resume of order history on the ticket view and detect references on ticket's subject to display an accurate resume of the problematical order. To see the complete order, a link has been added on the reference.

We added file attachment when creating tickets or messages.

This version can be found on http://add-ons.fr/ and will be available soon on http://addons.prestashop.com/ and on http://ecommerce-module.com/, you can already try iton our demo : http://ecommerce-site.fr/

• 1 year later...