Vote to Improve PrestaShop

PrestaShop Forum: Build a free online shop. Count on the Community!

The best place in the world to ask questions about PrestaShop and get advice from our passionate community!

PrestaShop Forum: Build a free online shop. Count on the Community!

Photo

module for handling donations?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic
boran

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:17 PM

Hi,

Have any of you tips on setting up a donation system? I'm setting up PS for a charity (for free). Selling standard products is almost taken care of, but I'm wondering how to handle subscriptions, donations (once off and monthly).

The only idea I've had so far for one off donations, is to create a downloadable product that costs say 100 Euros, and it allows you to download a PDF attesting that you've made a donation, and/or thanking you for it.

The donate button on the PS website leads to a Paypal site I see.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance....

PShopExpert

PrestaShop Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:02 PM

Hi,

for once off donations you can create an attributes group called "Donate:" and add values like "No donation :(", "Small donation (25)", "Big donation (100)"...
Essayez Store Commander pour Prestashop et disposez enfin de vos week-ends !
Want spare time, lovely week-ends? Then request a demo of Store Commander for Prestashop!
Comment associer en masse des images à plusieurs déclinaisons ?

Travis

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 04:34 PM

Hi,

for once off donations you can create an attributes group called "Donate:" and add values like "No donation :(", "Small donation (25)", "Big donation (100)"...

Not a bad idea.

boran

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:35 PM

I'm tried it out at:
http://www.voixlibres.com/shop1/

specifically "micro-crédits"
http://www.voixlibre...ro-credits.html

Its not bad, but not really ideal, for example getting rid of the quantity and stock value would help.

Any suggestions on improving the Donation category? (apart from the pink theme that is not finished..)
http://www.voixlibre...hop1/9-donation

lbab

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:53 AM

Hello,

I know this topic is very old, but you can find a free donation module using Paypal service here : 

http://www.prestasho...0/#entry1611138

RobS

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:46 PM

Hello. We just had a PrestaShop Donations Extension or Module built and it is working great. You can use whatever payment method you want and not just Paypal. We also added in the extra optional feature of Round up to Charity. It cost us a pretty penny to have this module built and then installed. It has been fully tested and is working perfectly. Below are some of its main features. If this is something you would like to look at for your own PS cart then contact us and we will help you out. The cost for the use of this module with installation will be $600.00 complete. We can show you it at work before purchasing. View attached file for a look at it. Reply to this thread for further details. 

Features List:

• Ability to add charities (customers will be able to select a fundraiser they want to donate to) drop down menu style. Ability to customize charity name in the back-end of extension, i.e. General Fund, Book Fund, TV Broadcast, Prison Outreach, etc.. A total of 5 editable options will suffice.
• Ability to enable donations on the last checkout step with round up option. Round Up option to nearest $ optional (Donation amount will be calculated as rounding of an order's total, i.e. if an order's total is $19,00 the donation amount will be $1.00). We believe this will allow to increase donations drastically)
• Full Donations Statistic
• Ability to specify a minimum donation amount
• Ability to accept donations even if no product is purchased. Even if we do not sell anything donation can be made. 
• Ability to see a donated amount for each charity
• Ability to define a default charity (it will be pre-selected on the front-end)
• Customers select charities in a user-friendly pop-up at the checkout page
• Donation field is visible in the Cart totals, on the Admin Order View page, Invoice page and printable PDF Invoice. Donation also needs to be visible on email confirmation page sent to customer upon completion of transaction. 
• Detailed reports of Donations accepted with ability to sort, filter and export to CSV, XML formats
• You can see a total donated amount and number of customers who gave donations. 
• Ability to edit orders with donations
• Ability to separate donations for tax donation purposes. Meaning donation amount can be kept distinct from merchandise amount
• 100% Open Source

Attached Files

UCBA

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:54 AM

Hi RobS - we really like the look of the donation at checkout module that you had built.  Can we discuss further with you? (Make direct contact so that we can see a demo and buy etc?).

We're a Christian ministry based in Australia - and this just like what we need for our new ecommerce store.

Thank you,

Mike - UCB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users