multistore how to?

I feel like an absolute newbie. I just can't get multishop working...

Is the second store you create a complete install or is it virtual/created bij shop01 somehow?

I now have www.domain.com/shop01 with my first main shop. And in www.domain.com/shop02 a second shop with clean install.

In shop-url for the 2nd shop i did:

domain: www.domain.com

domain SSL: www.domain.com

Physical URL: /shop02/

status and mainurl are activated. When i look at the second shop it does show, but no changes appear...

Somebody point me in a direction? Thanks in advance.

eng or nl

Edited by Martin nl (see edit history)

sorry to hijack, but i think i have the same or not at least a very similar issue/question.

I want to have multiple URLs for all of the countries I do business in eg: www.candlesasia.cn

www.candlesfrance.co.fr

or whatever they may be. i don't want the client to see any different urls besides those, in other words, i don't want to just forward dns from all the corresponding multi country URL's to my original website www.candles.com or whatever it may be.

is this what the multi store feature is about? i seem to find that the multi store feature is for multiple stores within one website. eg. www.salesbyvince.com has a candle store, and a bath salt store, and so on and so on.

similar question to the OP, do i need to install prestastore on multiple URL's and have them link together so i have one back office and one product management, or do i install on one and somehow presta store will realize.

Hello vinceeyy,

Thank you for the message. In PrestaShop 1.5 you will be able to have multiple domains linked together automatically and managed from one back office. The User Documentation is http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS15/Managing+multiple+shops

Also, you can check out this link with some nice tutorials as well. http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/prestashop-15/working-with-multi-shops

I hope this helps. Thank you for choosing PrestaShop.

• Like 1

sorry to say but this doens't answer my question. The user documentation i already read off course.

the question is:

do i install 1 instance of prestashop and then let this 1 back-office create a virtual 2nd store ?

or do i install 2 prestashops and let 1 take over another one ?

i think the first option, but then it just doesn't work... where is the 2nd shop to be found? or do i have to change something in my providers dashboard?

it just says: The requested URL www.domain.com/shop02/ was not found on this server.

Edited by Martin nl (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

the documentation isn't really clear.

i have 2 domains

www.domainA.com

www.domainB.com

i install prestashop on domainA

when i enable multishop and write down domainB as second domain, how can i instruct the second domain to point to prestahop?

dna?

alias?

redirect?

do i need two installations on both domains?

in my case i have plesk, and 1 ip address

with dns i point to my ip the domain www.domainA.com

what should i do with the second domain?

can't find a clear doc on this

• 2 weeks later...

I am so glad this worked out for the OP. I have a related question.

My goal is to have three classes of customer -- some products would be available to all customers (shared inventory) -- some products would be available to only one or two of the classes.

Since there seems to be no way to do that within an individual store (no customer groups within an individual store), it seems that a multi-store arrangement may be the solution.

My primary question is... how to set the stores up...

My steps:

1. I created the initial store --it lives at ../store/

2. I created a store group

3. I created two more stores -- so all three stores are under that store group -- the virtual URLs for the 2nd and 3rd stores are at ../store/storeA/ and ../store/storeB/

But when I navigate to storeA or storeB, no items are shown -- it appears that I am in the primary store -- and I get an error message:

"Page not available

error.gif We're sorry, but the Web address you entered is no longer available"

Does anyone have a thought about what I have done wrong?

*IS* there a better way to have certain items be visible to only certain customers?

Thank you.

Hi,

I´ve the same problem. How to set up stores thats are on SUBdomains?

I´d like to have main shop mainshop.com and 2 special shops on shopA.mainshop.com and shopB.mainshop.com

I´ve set up everythnig like you have written, but it doesnt work. It usually crash on 404 error or Prestashop Page on found warning.

I´ve tried to create a subdomain via my hosting provider, or let prestashop "rewrite" these subdomain for me. But without any luck.

Thank you for help

hi,

i have nearly the same problem. today I configured multistore.

now in my admin I can switch between the shops, it seems that it works.

but the frontend looks not so good, look here...

I don´t know why? can anybody help me, please! :-)

thanks Jochen

i think it´s configured right... ?

Configuration...

Edited by Jochen (see edit history)

Hi,

I´ve the same problem. How to set up stores thats are on SUBdomains?

I´d like to have main shop mainshop.com and 2 special shops on shopA.mainshop.com and shopB.mainshop.com

I´ve set up everythnig like you have written, but it doesnt work. It usually crash on 404 error or Prestashop Page on found warning.

I´ve tried to create a subdomain via my hosting provider, or let prestashop "rewrite" these subdomain for me. But without any luck.

Thank you for help

I´ve figured it out with my webhoster. It was server-side error on .htaccess. Try to contact your hosting provider and explain to them. He should help.

• 3 months later...

plesk - alias

cpanel - park

shared - point url at your main shop folder

This is not in the instructions. And really should be.

i totally understand the guys frustration about this. The instructions tell you everything about multistore and how to use it but almost nothing on how you would apply it to several domains like most people believe the system works ie www.domainA.com and www.domainB.com. Prestashop then really does not touch on the SSL side of things either on how you would manage several sites, on one domain or using parked domains like mentioned above.

I would like to see more information on the actuall setting up of the multiple stores not on how to use it which seems to be covered well.

I have definately been left scratching my head more about multistore.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for your suggestions..

I got big problem,,i havce created Shop A , Shop B, Shop C using Multistore function..and i gave two urls..

Shop A - www.mydomain.com (which is default store)

Shop B - www.mydomain.com/kids

Shop C - www.mydomain.com/adult

The problem is when i click on any of the given urls every thign is ok.. but for every Shop i am getting seperate Footer and Header Links Example....

if i click on Shop B cms footer link or top page links - www.mydomain.com/kids/sitemap {or} www.mydomain.com/kids/aboutus

But i need to have same footer in all shops across the Shop Group..I dont want seperate Fooeter or header ..It make sense if i have same links on every store..

I tried deselecting cms blocks and others while creating new shop..but didnt work..

Please help me how to acheive this.

Regards

Vivek Sakhilati

• 3 weeks later...

I didnt really udnerstand this.. For suppose

Main URL is - www.myexample.com

New Shop URL - www.myexample.com/india

I have created new shop INDIA - After clickign that i can find the header and Footer links are like

www.myexample.com/india/delivery

www.myexample.com/india/sitemap

Which i dont want... I just need as follows even if i go to any of my store

www.myexample.com/delivery

www.myexample.com/sitemap

Thanks a lot for your help and Please help me this is only one thign stopping me to go ahead with my website live

• 4 weeks later...

i had this issue and contacted the owner via the site. he sent me a working copy of the archive. the one on the downloads is corrupt. i thought he had swapped it. i would post the working one here but it is not mine to do that.

Thanks, I was able to answer my own question, so I think I'm good to go! I needed to add in a virtual URL for my second store, so now it appears that I do have two separate stores. So far I've been able to modify the theme for each store individually so I'm happy!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

excellent

be care not to share content between two gTLD's (.com's for example).

happy selling

When I add aprk domain I dont see a fodler created within the public_html for that domain?

Second didnt receive email for test order , neither order cnfirmation nor preperation in progress

You mean shoulda void duplicate content between two shops?

google tells us to provide best visitor experience and an important factor is visitor localization.  a single shop in MultiShop can only have a certain country/lang/currency/etc default setting that hurts other country seo.

if shop delivers a product to more than one country then one can ps multishop  same content across multiple countries.  these are the countries that you can actually sell in and if durable goods can be shipped there.

read 'how to decide if I need MultiShop'

now add this as question 3?

3. Do you want to improve SEO by localizing exiting shop by county or region?

if answer Yes, please  continue.

(assumption, have or will add new multishop sharing everything between an existing shop)  other options of sharing are possible.

approach to multiplexing single content

(pick domain name with following rules)

only one gTLD (global Top Level domain )

any number of ccTLD (country code Top Level Domains)

info: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/1347922?hl=en

for example:

www.yourshop.gTLD(.com | .eu | (other gTLD) + www.something.{de | .fr | (other ccTLD)}

Google International Targeting --> Geo Targetable Domains

Add a new PrestaShop using MultiShop, using your new domain name, configuration again is up to you, you can share or not many things with from the shop you which to localize.

that's it, now go set your google webmaster tools, to this shops analyics info...for all intentional purpose the new shop will look like a stand alone shop.  run your ps google sitemap, it supports multishop...

what about duplicate content penalty?

no penalty when done properly, read Google's Matt Cutts "how Google handles duplicate content across ccTLDs, localized domains"

leanings from several years of doing this:

gTLD = competes with all other global top level domains.  say howdy to amazon, newegg..anyone...expensive keywords. 

ccTLD  indicates that this domain is being localized for that country

vale

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone. I have the same kind of problem with a multistore website I am making.

I mean, I've got two different domains (www.domain1.com and www.domain2.com), corresponding to the two different shops.

I want to have the back office on domain1.com, changing both front offices. Thus, I set the multistore as follows:

store1 (main store) on www.domain1.com

store2 on www.domain2.com

If i set the store2 on www.domain1.com/store2/, that works. 

But when I set the store2 on www.domain2.com, that doesn't. 

I am working on Plesk 12, and as El Patron advised, I set the domain2 with an alias, going to www.domain1.com. Of course, all the DNS of domain1 and domain2 are directed to my server's IP.

Can anyone tell me what I have to do to make it work? Thanks a lot!!

Hi everyone. I have the same kind of problem with a multistore website I am making.

I mean, I've got two different domains (www.domain1.com and www.domain2.com), corresponding to the two different shops.

I want to have the back office on domain1.com, changing both front offices. Thus, I set the multistore as follows:

store1 (main store) on www.domain1.com

store2 on www.domain2.com

If i set the store2 on www.domain1.com/store2/, that works. 

But when I set the store2 on www.domain2.com, that doesn't. 

I am working on Plesk 12, and as El Patron advised, I set the domain2 with an alias, going to www.domain1.com. Of course, all the DNS of domain1 and domain2 are directed to my server's IP.

Can anyone tell me what I have to do to make it work? Thanks a lot!!

How you setup both domain inside admin can you attach screenshoot? 

Because you need to add both domaisn seperately